MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Writing

     Now that I'm left with only my night classes I have a lot more time on my hands than usual. The rare and elusive 'free time' has appeared and, as this situation has not confronted me in some time, I've had a hard time dealing with it. Wasting time is easy, too easy. And so, having each day regimented has helped ease the burden.
     I thought back to my old college days and how I would spend all my free time writing and plotting out stories and character arcs. Those days were, I would have to say at the risk of sounding fruity, magical. Stories and characters flowed so easily and it seemed the more I wrote in my free time, the more free time I had to write...and the less time I had to do my physics homework. As I'm now a freelance storyteller it's obvious which side of my conflict of interest won out.
     But I'm getting off the point. With all of this new found free time I've been able to get back into a routine of writing. to clarify, I've always made time to write, but now I HAVE time to write. I've set a goal to write a new chapter in IMMOLATION every week. The plot is mostly together now and I feel I'm in a good place to really begin putting things down in the story.
     The plot for IMMOLATION is more complex than anything I've attempted before so figuring all of that out in itself has been a learning experience. So, in the coming weeks as I post subsequent chapters for IMMOLATION in the WRITING section, feel free to leave comments and suggestions on how I might improve.
     I hope you enjoy the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hey its good to see you and Im happy to see your blog. Sounds like you have a lot of free time so enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete