MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WORKING ON ONE PAGE FOR A WEEK

   Yes, over the last week, I've been working on a single page in my (untitled) novel. This has been a good thing, however. The page is a major turning point for my protagonist, filled with betrayal and pain, a battle and a flight, followed by personal growth and some great character development.

   Okay, so not all of that happens on a single page, but the page I've been working on is where it all comes together. It's like the keystone in an archway that holds everything else up and gives shape to everything that came before and that follows after.

   I believe I've finally got it right and so I can move on to the rest of the book. I generally don't like staying in one spot in a book for too long, but this section really needed the extra attention to ensure that the rest of the story would fall into place.

   Have you ever had to sit and fuss with a single page (or similar small section of a story)? Am I just alone in this oddity?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. I have adopted Hemingway's style. I spend a certain number of hours each day writing, whether I write or not. Sometimes, I spend four hours staring at the computer screen. Sometimes, I go a mile a minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing, writing every day at a certain time for a few hours. I like the structure it gives to my day, as well as the training it gives my brain so that I'm more prepared to write when it comes time to work on my manuscript.

      Delete