MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Little Space To Roam

     Following in the mode of my last post, I've been looking for ways to branch out as a storyteller in the digital age. I've been doing some research on Youtube, Vimeo, and the internet in general to see where I can settle in and have a place of my own. I know what format I want this new site I'm designing to take and the content I want to create. I haven't found anything else of it's kind but, through my research, I have found a lot of interest in it.

     The down side to my situation is the same problem I've had in the past with my other projects: Place and Equipment. However, unlike my other projects, I may have a solution available to me. With my other projects, the benefit was all on my side, and therefore made it difficult to partner with anyone else. My ideas, stories, credit, etc. However, with my new project I may have found a partner. I apologize for the ambiguity in all of this. Since none of this is official yet I don't want to start throwing my ideas out there only to see someone else get to them before I can. Also, as my partnership isn't set yet I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. Suffice to say, they have been looking for content, and I have been looking for a little space of my own to shoot videos (with their equipment).

     Some of the sites I came across during my research have really inspired me so I'll list them below. Some of them are comedic, others are more serious, but all of them have found their place in the current digital world.

Rhett and Link
Ted Talks
Freddie W
Will It Blend
How Stuff Works

All of these have their own Youtube and/or Vimeo channels and other places online that they have found success reaching out to their audiences. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment