MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Friday, September 14, 2012

POETRY: SHOOTING STAR

Shooting Star
Last night I caught a shooting star
And put it in my pocket
I'd heard a song about it once
And thought I'd make a locket

Too bad for me the song was wrong
And now my state is dire
Because that star was still quite hot
My pants, they caught on fire

*

I'm curious what your take on iambic pentameter is?  Does it make poetry more enjoyable? Easier to read? Does it distract? Does it remind you too much of Shakespeare? Does it still need to have a rhyming scheme or is the rhyming unnecessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment