MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Friday, October 26, 2012

POETRY: AUTUMN DAWN

Grey morn dawns upon the land,
All is still without,
Where have they gone those noisome birds,
Such preening calls their clout

Yestermorn brought loud and clear,
The calls of nature 'round,
Has the autumn come so swift,
That naught there be for sound

Oh, return my feathered friends,
Natures wake up call,
For now, without your preening cries,
My sleep, an alarm, must stall

*   *   *

I've fallen into the habit of waking up with the sounds of wildlife outside my window, but this week, all of a sudden, they were gone. No tapering off, no gradual loss. One morning they were there, the next I woke up late. Now I have to go back to using an alarm to get up on time and I'm not too fond of that idea.
So what about you? Have you ever relied on anything other than a standard alarm to wake you up? Has it ever failed? Are you like my brother who can simply tell himself what time he wants to wake up and he does, no alarm needed?

No comments:

Post a Comment