MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Friday, October 5, 2012

POETRY: HAIKU'S IN TRIPLICATE

Pond is running dry,
Ducks and cranes leave nests behind
Autumn has begun

*

Two miles left to walk
Unexpected nature path
Meets me halfway through

*

Ceiling in the dark
Sleep, that elusive mistress
Driven back by pain

*
 I'm not sure why I write Haiku's in sets of three, it just feels right to me. The first haiku is from an observation I made while looking out my back window at the pond and seeing the changes in the wildlife. The leaves here haven't really begun to change yet, but the animals have sensed the coming change. The second Haiku was inspired by a walk I took while lost in Seattle. I knew roughly where I needed to go and found a lovely walking path along the way. The third and final Haiku is fairly straight forward. As the seasons change, my joints give me grief and make sleep a little more difficult. I feel like I can relate to Frank Bryce in the fourth Harry Potter book (minus the bits about the whole town thinking him guilty of murder, his being murdered by Voldemort...).

1 comment: