MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Friday, October 12, 2012

POETRY: LITTLE MAN

This little man sits hands entwined
So calm and peaceful at this time
Content to sit wrapped in a quilt
From time to time he'll laugh and tilt
Soon he'll want some juice or milk
Free refills he would gladly bilk
I'll offer him some other choice
But he'll refuse and raise a noise
We might be able to compromise
A sage solution, I hypothesize
Though most likely it will be
He gets what he wants, the little baby

*     *     *

       This is about my son, as I watched him over the past few mornings, content to sit on the couch by my side while I read. His happy contentment lasts anywhere from 15-60 minutes, depending on the morning, and then he'll demand some liquid sustenance. He's not very fond of the 'solid'  solutions I try to offer him, and usually I end up giving him a bottle with the understanding that he will eat some real breakfast once his bottle is consumed. Any of you ever had similar experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment