MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

I'M PUBLISHED IN THIS-Words to Paint With: a collection of prose and poetry

"Eighteen inches. A foot and a half of soil I have to remove before I can plant anything. A foot and a half of soil I can't touch with my skin. A foot and a half of dust and sand I can't breath if I want to live. That's what the book says, the book I found down here with me. There really isn't much here besides a couple weeks worth of food and water along with some batteries, a flashlight, first aid and the book. I'm supposed to wait here until I have three days left of food and water and then I run for it. I have to get away, get to the rendezvous point as quick as I can. The book says so. I hope I can remember which way is North from here. That's important too. There's so much to remember, so many important things. If I forget one of them, do something wrong, I'm dead. Oh, God, watch over me."

That's an excerpt from a short story I got published in a book a little while ago, and I'm not sure if I told you about it. Anyway, the short story is The Last Man (I made a short film based on it, found in the FILMS section of the blog), about a solitary survivor of a nuclear holocaust. The story is told from the perspective of a journal he's keeping, recording his thoughts, impressions, and reflections.

There are a number of other really good short stories and poems in the collection so check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment