MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SHORT STORY: 13

Some time ago I wrote some Short Shorts. This is an extension on that theme. I didn't originally intend for these stories to all be 13 words long, it just turned out that way.
 
13
The ball bounced, the child chased, the sedan swerved, and the mother mourned.
*
Everyone thought the old man was sleeping, until they tried to rouse him.
*
Within moments, it was over. The plane's emergency doors opened. She was safe.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is effective micro-fiction. Well done, Gabe (I can call you Gabe, right?)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this reply for you for some time but haven't gotten around to posting it until now. Any way, thank you. Yes, I like the super-short stories and find them a useful thing to do for practice before trying to come up with a one-liner for a longer story I'm pitching.

      And as a side note, Gabe was a kid I grew up with. He was a bit of a jerk, so I tend to go by Gabriel. But it's not anything major either way.

      Delete