MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Friday, January 11, 2013

POETRY: DREAM

Endless black I see
Pinpricks of starlight abound
Improbable wish
*
Worlds and wonders
I yearn to explore and touch
Yet I stand Earth-bound
*
Though someday perhaps
These bonds will break and I'll soar
For Terra Nova

*     *     *

   I've been pondering again on my lifelong ambition of being an astronaut and exploring the cosmos. I know I'll probably never get to in this life (due to my poor health and math skills, though my grasp of theory is amazing), but that doesn't keep me from dreaming. Or reading and learning about it. And might I suggest some good reading on the subject? TITAN UNVEILED by Ralph Lorenz and Jacqueline Mitton is an excellent read on the Cassini/Huygens probes that explored Saturn and this remarkable moon.

7 comments:

  1. I love the subject matter. I think I'll give that book a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. JJ, I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did, and I'm glad you liked the poem.

      Delete
  3. If you're a writer, that is always another way to explore the stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought of writing such a story, but my muse has yet to lead me there. Still, it might some day.

      Delete
  4. That poem expresses my desires perfectly. I want to walk on another world, just once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We dream alike. Perhaps once they make space exploration fully available to 'civilians'...we'll have to wait and see.

      Delete