MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Friday, January 18, 2013

POETRY: STRENGTH

There are times you can't
When nothing is possible
If you stand alone
*
Proffered helping hand
Brings everything into reach
Lifts you when you fall
*
When you find your strength
Help others along the path
Treasures to be found
*     *     *
   This week's haiku reflect on some recent events and the benefits of helping others. You never know when it will be your turn to need a hand up.

4 comments:

  1. Gabriel: I do love haiku. I must admit I am a firm believer in the adage that "Nothing is impossible to the willing mind," and I try to live it. However, I have discoverd in my lifetime that your last stanza is the real key to lasting happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It never ceases to amaze me that there's always something I can do to help those around me, no matter what situation I may come across (or whatever my own situation may be).
      I love that adage. I had a teacher years back who had a similar statement above his desk and I found it to be a great source of motivation. If only more people lied by it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Peggy, thank you! I'll be the first to admit that not all of my poems are great, but this one's definitely one of my favorites.

      Delete