MENU BAR

What I'm Working On Now

Three short films are in Post-Production, soon to be submitting to film festivals.
Producing/editing a pilot for a new web-series inspired by the Alice in Wonderland tales.
Producing/editing a documentary on Gene Roddenberry and the genesis of Star Trek The Original Series.
There are a number of other projects in development, just waiting their turn to be produced.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

THE STUFF DREAMS ARE MADE OF

Today's post will be shorter than usual because I have a lot of writing to do today, and it's all my subconscious's (s's, or just s' I can never tell) fault. You see, I had a dream last night. In fact, I had several dreams, most people have 3-4 a night, interspersed among the various stages of sleep. But that's not the point. I'm not writing today about sleep cycles. No, I'm writing about dreams. My dreams, for the last four nights, have had what I call a serial dream; a dream that has continued to pick up where it left off night after night. Pretty cool, huh? I still have all the other normal dreams: flying, showing up to work/school/shopping in my underwear, etc. But for these last four nights, without fail, one of my dreams has been the continuation of the same storyline.
This happens to me from time to time, not sure why. And why do I call them serial dreams? Because that's what they are, serials. They're not recurring, just continuing. Some of them reach a conclusion, others simply stop after a while without ending. It's like television without reruns. Sometimes you love the show and it eventually ends, other shows get canceled. I've often wondered if other people have dreams like that.
My point to all this rambling is that I have to write these dreams down. So nice of my subconscious to hand over a freebee once in a while, but it does add to my already long list of stories to write. My serial dreams are always well crafted, filled with dynamic and interesting characters and the plots just drag me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment